When the line opened in october 1888, Ingham Siding did not exist. Napthali Ingham intended to have a tramway from his quarry which was about 1 mile away. However, for many years after its construction, all that one would have been noticed in passing when heading towards Heathcote, would have been a buffer stop and a 50 yard (45.73m) long siding on the Up (left) side of the track. The siding was accessed from the Heathcote end.
Considerable changes to the siding took place in the 1920s.
As the siding is passed, the line cut a fence on an Allotment Line, crossed an unnamed road (Quarry Road) PCR Crossing with 13'6" gates, raised 1.94'.
This site is hosted by CoffeeCup S-Drive.
Comments and suggestions may be e-mailed to