Gallery of images.
A number of roads were either diverted or closed for the Pyalong Station.
The bridge over what was, at the time, Pyalong Creek, also spanned Bridge Street. This street is now closed under the bridge remains as a safety precaution. A road diversion connected Bridge Street with Mollison Street (Pyalong-Seymour Road) and Mollison Street with what is now named Station Street - both on the west station boundary.
The track bed is now Ladderhill Road as it heads towards Tooborac through a works depot.
March, 1902 - Staff Locking is provided. The Key is the Train Staff for the section.
November, 1906 - The Up and Down Distant Signals are abolished and the Up and Down Home Signals are mover further out.
February, 1914 - An misunderstanding appears to have been corrected with the announcement that Up and Down Home Signals Are provided, with a corresponding amendment to the General Appendix and the Book of Signals.
May, 1915 - The station may open as a temporary Staff Station by use of the Divided Staff in the Kilmore-Tooborac Electric Staff Section or High Camp -Tooborac Temporary Electric Staff Section
November, 1915 - Cattle Pits are provided at 56M 39C to prevent cattle straying onto the trestle bridge - over Mollison Creek.
December, 1923 - Sidings are provided a/c Messrs. Woolcock and McCormack. The Dead End siding holds 8 trucks, and leads off the Dead End of the Public Loop siding. The Dead End siding holds 11 trucks on the west side of the Public Loop siding. The road connecting"B" Dead End with the Public Loop siding holds 10 trucks.
December, 1923 - Woodcock (sic) and McCormack's Siding is transferred to Mollison Sand and Gravel Coy Pty. Ltd.
May, 1927 - Pyalong is established as an Electric Staff Station with the sections being Kilmore-Pyalong-Tooborac. A Staff Exchange Box is provided to facilitate train running outside of manned hours. Plunger Locking is provided in lieu of Staff Locking. Nos. 2 and 3 Roads are in service, providing connection of the Dead End of No. 3 Road to Mollison Sand Coy's Siding.
July, 1927 - A Class 9 Stationmaster's position is established.
October, 1927 - A Composite Staff is provided in the Kilmore-Pyalong section a/c High Camp.
April, 1930 - The Stationmaster's position is removed and the station is worked under No-one-in-Charge conditions by a Signal Porter.
July, 1931 - The station is disestablished as an Electric Staff Station and the new section becomes Kilmore-Tooborac. It may open as an Intermediate Composite Block Post when High Camp is not. The points at the Up end of Nos. 2 and 3 Roads are spiked for No. 3 Road, and the Up and Down Home Signals are secured at Proceed. There is also a stipulation that vehicles must not be left standing in No. 2 Road after shunting operations.
July, 1935 - Mollison Sand and Gravel Coy Siding is abolished, and relevant instructions are removed from the General Appendix to the Book of Rules and Regulations.
December, 1939 - No. 2 Road is removed.
December, 1941 - Passenger and mixed trains are withdrawn between Wallan and Bendigo.
March, 1942 - The passenger train service is reinstated between Wallan and Heathcote.
July, 1965 - Pyalong is closed to passengers.
September, 1965 - The cattle race is removed.
January, 1968 - The station staffing is reduced to No-one-in-Charge.
November, 1968 - Pyalong is finally closed to all traffic.
This site is hosted by CoffeeCup S-Drive.
Comments and suggestions may be e-mailed to